The National Academic Youth Corps (NAYC) and the Sojourner Truth Art Museum are looking for youth artists to show their work at the 5th Annual Banana Festival August 9-10, 2014 at William Land Park. Teachers/after school providers please take a look at the following guidelines:
BANANA YOUTH ART EXHIBIT
- All artwork must have proper labels: title of piece, artist name, and medium. Limit 2 pieces per artist. The show is open to sculpture, painting, photography, mixed media, literary works, textiles or ceramics.
- Application Deadline: July 5, 2014
- Entry Deadline: You can drop off artwork to Sojourner Truth Museum between 4-6 pm on Wednesday, July 30 or Friday, August 1 from 4-8pm. Or Friday, August 8 from 4-8 pm to William Land Park on the corner of Freeport Blvd and Sutterville Road. Prior to those dates, or if you need to schedule a different time, please call the contact below to schedule a drop off date and time.
- Artwork must reflect the spirit of the festival: multiculturalism, music, culture, healthy eating, and BANANA FOODS. BE CREATIVE! THERE ARE SO MANY IDEAS TO CHOOSE FROM! This year we will have a circus theme so “Bananas at the Circus” could be your theme.
- An artist table will be provided for info about your class/school/community center, business cards, brochures, etc so please provide info if available.
- Artwork can be picked up at William Land Park no earlier than 5 pm. Or you may schedule a time after the festival to pick up at the museum.
- You may choose to donate your piece to the Sojourner Truth Multicultural Art Museum and your work will be part of our permanent exhibit.
- A Participation Certificate will be given to each participant.
Please note: All work must be ready for display. Art will be displayed at William Land Park. We will have overnight security on Friday and Saturday nights. If you are an artist, teacher or know of one who might be interested, please review these requirements and send your information to Daphne Burgess at email@example.com no later than July 5, 2014. For questions, please call (916)599-0276.
The Banana Youth Art Exhibit application is available here.